Ralph Polcini emigrated to the United States from Italy, establishing his first costume jewellery company in 1911. Originally called Leading Jewelry, the company changed its name to Ledo after World War II. In 1954 Ralph Polcini died, leaving his business to his son Damon. The name was changed at this time to Polcini. After Damon’s death in the mid 1980s the company was scaled down in size and eventually ceased operations. The jewellery produced by Ledo/Polcini is of extremely high quality, with excellent metalwork, high quality rhinestones, and “real look” designs. The styling is often Art Deco. These pieces are collectable and becoming very rare.